Parenting Writer, Lifehacker
Lifehacker, Gizmodo Media Group’s lifestyle site with 14 million monthly users, is looking for a parenting writer.
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Earther, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik, TrackRecord and The Root. As part of Fusion Media Group, we reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
The ideal candidate is super-curious, as interested in the latest techniques in sleep-training as they are in evangelizing about the best diaper pail. They can explain in a way that's entertaining and engaging stuff that might, in lesser hands, come off as boring. They have strong opinions; a witty, conversational writing voice; and an unstinting editorial eye.
They should be completely comfortable with the editorial process—from pitch to publication to promotion. If you are a go-to source for practical parenting advice, one who geeks out over bath time hacks and safety gadgets, one who has big ideas on how to end picky eating or make a birds-and-bees conversation 30% less awkward, we’d like to talk to you.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in writing about parenting for a fast-paced digital publication
- Be organized and detail-oriented, with a clear, authoritative writing voice
- Respond nimbly to cultural and news events with related stories
- Be capable of turning around stories ranging from short news pieces to
- longer features at a quick pace
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.