Gizmodo Media Group is seeking an experienced, dynamic and highly creative producer for its new environment-focused destination site, Earther.com.
About the Company:
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Earther, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik, TrackRecord and The Root. As part of Fusion Media Group, we reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will be super-curious, passionate and can explain the environment and related topics in a way that's entertaining and engaging, issues that might, in lesser hands, come off as boring or pedantic. Our producers have opinions backed up by facts; a witty, conversational writing voice; and an unstinting editorial eye. In short, you geek out on the environment and related themes. And you’re also a shooter, editor and producer.
Speed in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential, as well as being a passionate visual storyteller looking for new ways to explain a hack and create new video formats.
As Producer, you should have:
- Have 2+ years experience in digital video production with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms.
- Work closely with the site’s reporters and editors to shoot and edit smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the site.
- Independently pitch, shoot and edit (Premiere Pro) high-quality video, while also being able to work alongside crews or in pairs as needed.
- Pitch stories regularly.
- Have experience scripting social first news video and longer video explainers.
- Work collaboratively with the site’s talented and video-savvy bloggers to bring the video quality to the next level.
- Work collaboratively with other GMG sites (Gizmodo, Jezebel, Deadspin, Jalopnik, Kotaku and Lifehacker).
GMG and its parent, Univision, are deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a full-time staff position based in New York City.
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.